Seeking High-Energy Instructors to Inspire Others
Do you have what it takes to be a PBX instructor? Do you have a passion for fitness that goes beyond the norm? Are you looking to really understand the science behind Pilates and Barre to result in a killer workout? If so, we want to speak with you as part of our rigorous yet rewarding PBX Teacher Training Program!
Here at Pilates Barre Extreme (PBX), we are looking for inspirational and unique people to join our dynamic team as our studio grows. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please fill out the following interview form and we will contact you for more details.
PBX is a system of high intensity reformer, mat Pilates and barre work. Our PBX Teacher Training Program will fully prepare you to teach all five types of group classes safely and effectively to various skill levels, as well as private or semi private PBX sessions. Allegro Reformer, Arc, Core Ball, Ballet Barre, hand weights and mat Pilates are included in the PBX® Teacher training.
Weekend 1: Introduction to PBX Mat and Reformer
- Introduction to Safety on the Reformer
- PBX Principles
- Cueing and Alignment for PBX movements
- Beginner PBX exercises
- Sequencing a ONE class
- Creating music playlist for PBX classes
- Written Test out for Beginner PBX exercises and PBX Principles
Weekend 2: Intermediate and Advanced PBX and Anatomy for PBX
- Anatomy of Movement for PBX
- Anatomy cueing for classes
- Intermediate PBX exercises
- Sequencing for Endurance
- Teach sequenced developed in Weekend 1 complete with music
Weekend 3: PBX Barre and Sequencing
- Advanced Barre movements
- Sequencing a Barre Class
- Sequencing a Cardio Circuit Class
- Written Test out on Anatomy and previously covered PBX exercises:
score of 80 or higher to pass
Weekend 4: Advanced PBX and Teaching Private Clients
- Complete all Advanced PBX exercises
- Layering PBX exercises to fit different level clients in one class
- Sequencing a Core Jump Class, review exercises and other
sequencing of classes
- Teaching Private and Therapeutic Clients
- Final Written Test out and Practical Teaching to be
observed by teacher trainer
As part of our PBX Teacher Training Program, we have strict guidelines as to the training level of our instructors. As such, we require that you fulfill the following:
- 25 hours of self practice (10 group classes included in teacher training)
- 10 hours of observation of group classes taught by current teachers, and written observation assignment turned in to Teacher Trainer
- 25 hours of practice teaching executed by teaching friends or teaching fellow PBX teachers in training
- Apprentice sessions are $20 for privates, and $10 for group classes (paid by client). These hours will be logged in the PBX manual and presented once completed
- Sequences are required to be submitted and approved prior to teaching
- Example sequences will be provided throughout the training
- Video Test Outs are required for approval before teaching each class type
- Provide personal liability insurance
If additional practice hours or more observation and training is needed past these four weekends, each participant will be assessed throughout with video test outs of each class type. Completion of these four weekends does not automatically equate to graduation from the PBX training and teaching at PBX Studio. If additional hours are needed, training can be booked at a cost of $65 per hour.
Contact us for more information about the cost of training.
Teacher Training weekend hours:
*Hours are subject to change depending on the Studio schedule.
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ready to get started?